Thursday, October 5, 2017

Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills Day Tour

I had a quick vacation in Malaysia last August 2017.  I attended a christening of my friend's daughter to whom I was chosen as one of the godmothers.  I extended my stay and took the chance to explore some new places and revisit some old.

First stop, Colmar Tropicale.



Colmar Tropicale is a French themed village and hotel in Berjaya Hills Resort, Bukit Tinggi, Pahang, Malaysia.  It is around an hour away from Kuala Lumpur so it's a perfect destination if you are looking for a day tour outside the city.



Make sure to book your trip in advance.  If you're going on a day tour, they have shuttle service from and to Berjaya Time Square to Colmar Tropicale.  Here are the schedule as of August 2017:

Berjaya Time Square to Colmar Tropicale:  9:30am / 12:00pm / 5:15pm / 8:30pm

Colmar Tropicale to Berjaya Time Square:  8:00am / 10:45am / 4:00pm / 7:30pm

Rate:  RM 60.00 / Adult / return shuttle (RM 55.00 4-12 years old)

Entrance:  RM 15.00  adult / RM 8.00 child



Unfortunately, I wasn't able to book in advance because they do not have an online facility for booking.  If you want to book online, you will have to email your credit card number in a form to authorize them to charge the amount.  I wasn't comfortable with providing my credit card number so I took a chance on buying the ticket early morning on the day of my trip.  Their ticketing office is at the 8th floor of Berjaya Time Square.  When I got there, it was already fully booked.  Mind you, it was a Monday!  I had no choice but to contract a taxi and negotiate a round trip fare plus waiting time.  The initial asking price of the taxi was RM 200.00.  I told them it was too much and I do not have money since I'm already going home the next day.  Final price that I agreed to pay for a round trip and 2 hours waiting time was RM 130.00.  That's more than double the amount of the shuttle!  Anyways, I agreed to it because I don't have anywhere else to go in KL for a whole day.



As expected, the Colmar Tropicale Village is perfect if you like taking pictures.  So even if I spent a lot to get there,  I enjoyed my quick stay at the village just by taking my own pictures lol.  There's nothing else to do after all. :D







There are also a few restaurants where you can have a snack or lunch.



For the final vedict, RM 130.00 plus is too much to spend for a half day or full day trip in Colmar Tropicale.  If you'll pay RM 60.00 to go here I'd say it's not bad.  Nevertheless, I was happy despite the struggles to make this trip happen.   And that's priceless. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment