Friday, February 20, 2015

Locavore - Filipino Food Concept, Kapitolyo Pasig

Prior visiting this new restaurant, I checked a few reviews about this place.  There were feedbacks that they had to wait for an hour or so to get a table so it was recommended to make a reservation before going to this restaurant.

Since I am not a girl's scout (to be always ready :P), I didn't call to check and make any reservation.
We arrived in Locavore at around past 5pm.  Luckily, we got a table right away and didn't have to wait. :)

For the appetizer, it was my choice to order the Streetfood Platter just because I like the idea of being able to eat fish balls, squid balls, kikiam and qwek qwek in a restaurant and make "tusok tusok" in a "sosyal" way (lol).  It came with 3 kinds of sauce -  first was the spicy vinegar, second was sweet and sour sauce but it was also spicy and third one was the sweet sauce.   I am not sure if the fish ball, squid balls and kikiams were specially made by the chefs but the taste was just the same from the ones we buy from groceries or from the streets.  So if you are really after great food, I wouldn't recommend this.
But if you are after the experience, go ahead and order this specially if you miss it like I do :)

Streetfood Platter - P200.00




For our main entree, we ordered Sizzling Sinigang.  The dish was like roast beef with gravy with the "asim" flavor of sinigang.  Imagine that.  It did not disappoint! Yum! :)  The beef was very tender.  The vegetables were crisply cooked.  I love the gravy sauce with just the right hint of sinigang flavor. My only concern though was that it was not literally sizzling when it was served to us.  But, I would still recommend that your try this dish because it was really delicious :)

Sizzling Sinigang - P530.00




For dessert, we ordered Torta Manga.  I'm not sure if I liked this dessert.  First taste wasn't that great.  On second taste, my reaction was, "Oh this is delicious".  On the next bites, it seems too sweet or just right.  I guess you'll get the perfect taste of this dessert when you scooped the right balance of mango, "yema" like caramel filling and cake crust. :)

Torta Manga - P240.00




It was already past 7:30pm when we finished our dinner.  I was surprised that there was already a long line outside.  It was only then that I realized that "so this is the latest craze pala talaga" hehe.
So if you want to try this new restaurant and don't want to wait in line, have early dinner like we did :)

Enjoy! :)


Locavore, Kapitolyo Pasig
Brixton Technology Center, 10 Brixton Street, Kapitolyo, Pasig City
It's in the street at the corner of Ace Water Spa Building.  Just go straight ahead until you see the restaurant at the right side of the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment