Thursday, July 2, 2015

Kuya J Restaurant, Serving Delicious Filipino food - SM Marikina

For Father's Day celebration, my dad's request was to eat crispy pata.  We know that all restaurants will be jam-packed so we decided to go to a nearby mall only.  We've been eyeing Kuya J for quite some time now so timing was perfect to celebrate Father's day here.  We're lucky that we're a group of 3 only so we immediately got a table.  Otherwise, we were actually 13th on the waiting list.


I was a good girl and was able to take pictures of the menu while waiting for our order. :)
Very good menu with complete choices from appetizer, vegetables, soup, main course, desserts and drinks.







For appetizer, we ordered Chorizo Dinamitas with garlic dip.  This was labeled as one of their best sellers so I got interested.  It's deep fried jalapeno wrapped in lumpia wrapper with chorizo and cheese.  It's really good because usually, other restaurants would only put cheese with jalapeno but the chorizo made a great difference.  Very tasty and not too hot or spicy =)


Next, my Mom ordered Beef Kare-kare.  My Mom cooks one of the best Kare-kare in town.  So to like this would really mean that it's really good.  At first we thought that the serving was small but we were wrong because it had lots of meat.  This is another yummy dish from Kuya J. =)


Lastly, the sinful Crispy Pata :p.  It's nice that they cut it for us when they served.  I'm usually not that crazy about pork, aside from not being healthy, I heard really bad stories on why we should not eat pork.  Anyways, I still eat pork but if there's a choice, I would usually order beef, chicke or fish.  Anyways, back to the Crispy pata, this one was another delicious treat.  Other crispy pata that I have tasted were just crispy and not tasty so you will usually rely on the sauce.  But this one, it's really tasty even without the sauce.  The skin was crispy and the meat was also really tender.  Another thumbs up for this.


I can really say that Kuya J serves very good Filipino dishes.  I recommend you try this specially if you're craving for Filipino food.  I can't wait to go back and try their other dishes =)








No comments:

Post a Comment