Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Blake's Wings and Steaks, San Roque, Marikina

Blake's Wings and Steaks can be found along Gil Fernando, San Roque Marikina.  It's a small 2 story building with limited parking available.  The first floor is just a receiving area while the second floor is the dining area with around 10 tables.

Before going, I checked some reviews on the net and found that some of the positive and negative feedbacks are true.  I read that it's usually full and waiting time is long.  Fortunately, when we arrived we got a table right away.  I also read that the place feels hot despite the aircon.  This is true based on our experience specially it was lunch time then.  More feedback as I go through the pictures of food we ordered. =)

Kani Mango Salad - P195 
We were satisfied with this salad.  Can't say much but "yummy!".


1/2 kg Pork Ribs - P350.00
Tasty and tender.  Happy with this one too.  Of course, most of us ordered rice though we already have pasta.  I didn't order rice 'coz I know I'm more on the pasta but I ended up getting half rice from my friend because of this hehe.

1/2 kg BBQ Original Wicked Wings with Bleu Cheese and Honey Mustard dips - P195.00
Expectations are high since this is supposed to be their specialty.  Good thing, it did not disappoint. =)


Penne Garlic Pesto with Grilled Chicken Breast - P225.00
Sadly, when I scooped a serving, I found a strand of hair in the dish =(.  We informed the waiters and they replaced it with a new set.  I can't remember though if they have apologized.  Anyways, it tasted just ok.  Maybe it was just ok because of the unfortunate incident.

Spaghetti with Dried Tuyo in Olive Oil - P225.00
We didn't originally ordered this but was just a follow up after the Penne Pasta incident.  I've tasted Tuyo pasta in other resto but this one I didn't like.  Salty is all I can taste from the dish.  There was nothing to balance it.  We didn't finish it and ended taking out the left over.  Wish we didn't order this as additional.






No comments:

Post a Comment