Monday, June 8, 2015

IHOP From US to PH, all day breakfast menu

Last Saturday, we celebrated my Dad's birthday in advance so that my sister and her family will be able to join us.  I remembered this new mall when we went to eat in Maginhawa Street - U.P. Town Center, so I decided to have our dinner here.  I heard that there are a lot of new restaurants here to try.  I did a quick check on where to eat and got the following restaurants based on the reviews I found in the internet - Torch, Mama Lou's and Casa Verde.  I'm leaning towards Torch since I already tried Mama Lou's in Nuvali and Casa Verde in Cebu.

We were surprised that the mall is big and still a lot of on going structures.  We went around first to check the restaurants in the area.  My dad wanted to eat at Wangfu, a chinese restaurant owned by Richard Yap or better known as Papa Chen from the teleserye "Please be Careful with my Heart".  Unfotunately, we were 6th in waiting list.  Same with Torch, the restaurant was full so we still have to wait to be seated.  Because of that, we ended up in IHOP :)


This was my first time to try IHOP in the Philippines.  This was one of the restaurants we usually go to when I was in the U.S. in 2008 that's why I got surprised that people got crazy excited when it opened in the Philippines.

I heard bad feedbacks that IHOP here is too expensive and the food is not good.  My friend who got to eat here also told me the same feedback.  Anyways, my nephews wanted to eat here so regardless of the bad feedback we went ahead and tried it.:)


The menu was customized based on the Philippine market.  If I remember it right, the US menu mainly consists of pancake, waffle, bacon, sausage, ham and eggs combination.  Or maybe that's what we usually order that's why I can't remember the other items in the menu lol.

Anyways, the menu here is full with a variety of choices and combinations to choose from.  Of course, they added the Filipino breakfasts like tapsilog, tosilog and longsilog but in a more sosyal presentation and price too lol.


Syrup choices includes Old Fashioned, Blueberry, Pecan Butter and Strawberry.  I prefer the Old Fashioned.  I also tried the Pecan Butter since this is something new to me.  The taste is similar to Old Fashioned syrup.


My sister and I ordered this 2 decker pancakes for P195.00.  Unfotunately, it didn't meet our expectations.  For me, the pancakes were dry.  Although it's floppy, it broke into pieces which was a sign that it's really dry.  My sister said that pancakes from the "Pancake House" is still better if not the best for her.


I love savory crepes!  I prefer it over sweet crepes.  We ordered this Garden Stuffed Crepe for P365.00.  This crepe is stuffed with Swiss cheese an eggs scrambled with fresh spinach, mushroom and onions topped with hollandaise and diced tomatoes.  Yum!!! =)




My dad and brother in law ordered Philly Cheese Steak with french fries or onion rings on the side.
Initially my dad ordered Baja Fish Sandwich but it was not available so he ordered this instead.  When the food arrived, he got overwhelmed with the big serving.  He said that he'll just eat half.  He loved it so ended up eating everything :D  This is quite expensive for P495.00.  On the otherhand, if you're a small eater, the serving is good to share.


My 2 nephews ordered the Fried Chicken Dinner for P595.00.  They shared 4 pieces fried chicken, mashed potato and shredded corn with separate orders of 2 cups of rice.  My nephews never get tired of fried chicken!  They were able to finish 1 cup of rice each and almost ate 2 pieces of chicken each too.  They are only 7 and 4 years old!  But I'm very happy to see them very happy with their food =)


Lastly, my mom ordered Pot Roast Pasta but it was not available.  She ordered Carbonara Pasta instead.  The sad part, she was not happy with her food.  She wasn't able to finish it and I ended up eating the rest lol.  My mom was never fond of eating out.  She is usually unhappy with the restaurant food and more unhappy with how expensive they are!  I wanted her to enjoy the experience of eating out but I guess, she just can't help it to feel bad for me paying for an average or less than average tasting food for such an expensive price.  She would usually say next time, I'll just cook something at home and it's even more delicious! hehehe.


Can't blame my Mom because the bill came to me for P3000.00 plus.  Thank you for Senior Citizen discount, I only paid P2,799.82.

Overall, though it's expensive, I was happy with dining in IHOP.  :)
However, because it's exepensive, I would probably not go back anytime soon.
I think it's enough that I was able to experience IHOP here in the Philippines.










No comments:

Post a Comment